PAYNE POSTS

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Weekend With Some of my Very Favorite People....

On Thursday night we drove to Utah to enjoy the long weekend. Ryan went to the Utah Dental Conference in SLC on Friday. We got up early Friday morning so he could be in Salt Lake in time for the conference. We dropped him off and I got the girls dressed and ready for the day in the car. They thought this was weird and were afraid the people walking by were going to look at them, I told them they could see the people but the people couldn't see them. Tinted windows, partially true.

After they were ready we picked up my friend Natalie at her hotel and drove to Park City. My sister Jenn met us in Park City to take the girls. This was a convenient meeting spot and of course great for outlet shopping. It was so nice to shop without the kids. We had so much fun and pretty much bought more stuff for our kids than ourselves. It is still nice to be kid free even when shopping for them. Jenn took the girls to Chuck E. Cheese and then to my mom and dad's to spend the night. I appreciate her help in the weekend plans. Its nice to have some time away from the kids but even nicer to know they are in great hands. They love their aunts and uncles and cousin Drew, we are lucky to have a great family who is always willing to watch the kids.

After lunch, Park City, and a much needed stop at Nordstrom Rack we headed back to the city. The guys were done with their conference and our friends Sarah and Jon had made it into town. We checked into our hotel, which had a great view of the Conference center and the capital, and headed out for dinner. We ate at Rodzio Grill in Trolley Square. It is such a fun place and different from places we usually go, which is always great for a change. They had a great salad/fresh foods bar and then they come around to your table with every type of meat imaginable and cut it off the roasting stick for you. If you are still hungry which I was not, but chose to consume anyway, a very tasty banana chocolate sundae. It was a great night and so nice to be with such great friends.

Baby Max meet Baby....Logan(the name we are thinking of for now) Sarah is having her baby on April 2nd. I will still have 6+ weeks to go :(

After dinner we headed back the hotel and spent the rest of the night just chatting. It was great to catch up and just hang out. The guys love talking just as much as the girls.


This photo is a little dark but doesn't the captial look nice in the background?


Saturday morning we headed to IKEA for breakfast and shopping. Can you honestly beat breakfast for $1.99 I seriously love that store and their cinnamon rolls. The guys were good sports while we shopped. I have decided this is a good way to shop with men, make sure that they have a friend to talk to. You can greatly prolong your shopping time. We had a great time and of course found great deals. I wish this store was closer!! After our IKEA experience Nat and Jeremy headed home. Sarah and Jon had a few more hours to hang out so Sarah and I headed to Robert's and Tai Pan. The guys tagged along for a little bit and then went and drove around looking at trucks and dental practices. It was a great time, I miss living close to these friends and love when we can get together. Hopefully we can do it again soon!!!


Too bad I ate my yummy cheap breakfast without taking a picture



The guys enjoying the comfy seats after a few hours of IKEA love



We headed back to my parents house for the rest of the weekend. It was good to see the girls, they of course had a blast with grandma and pops and their aunts and uncles. There was so much snow for them to play in, they enjoyed it most of the day. Uncle Spencer made them a snow fort equipped with a bed, chairs and a TV all made of snow. They were quite proud of it and couldn't wait to show us.

Check out our awesome snow fort

Saturday night we went to Crown Burger (one of my moms fav. places) to celebrate my mom's b-day. Her birthday wasn't until Tuesday but she let us celebrate early since we were all around. Its always a good time to hang with the fam over good food. Sunday we had a little celebration for my mom and Drew (his b-day is on the 24th) they opened a few gifts and then we went to my aunts house for dinner and more fun family hang out time. The food was great and we had a family home evening all together. It was nice to be there, we miss these get togethers sometimes living the farthest away so we were happy that it worked out for this weekend.


Grandma and Drew opening presents


Ellie is pretty proud of the gifts she helped pick out for Drew


It was a great weekend and we had so much fun. We were able to see lots of people that we love. You will also note that we ate a lot of food, hence weighing in at the doctor on Tuesday was not a fun experience. Oh well....... good food...... and friends and family wouldn't change a thing!!

11 comments:

Nat Lud said...

It was so much fun to hang out with you guys. I am bummed I missed out on the Robert's and Tai Pan fun. Hope we see ya soon!

Sarah said...

We had a great weekend with you guys- it's nice that whenever we get together it seems like it hasn't been months since we last hung out. We really miss living close to you guys and hope we can make it up to Boise again this summer.
Oh yeah- I don't think I ever told you that your hair looked so cute on Saturday! I know you used to not like the front poof thing, but it's really cute on you!

Melanie said...

What a great weekend - action packed and fun filled. So glad you had a good time and got to be with family and friends for a while. Love seeing your belly - too cute. I always thought you looked so cute when you were pregnant with Ellie.

Logan, eh?! :) It's interesting to see what names we're all picking as we're all having boys this time around. :)

Leslie and Dave said...

I love seeing pictures of you, so fun to heave a kid-free weekend. Your baby bump is adorable and I love the name Logan.

Michelle said...

Looks like fun! I am jealous of the kid free time. Maybe one day....
It's always good to hang out with good friends.

Kim said...

I didn't know you had a blog, I saw the Link from Michelle Weymouths. It's fun to see how many people have blogs and fun to see your pictures, it looks like you had a great time. Check us out at hodson-family.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Nothing better than some good food and good shopping. Allie can't wait to see the girls.

Nuestra Familia said...

Family and friends, how fun! I'm glad you had an awesome weekend. Love all the pictures.

Hartley Family said...

OH! What a fun weekend and even a night without the children!!! That's SO nice. You look totally adorable!

Kristin said...

UGH! sooooo jealous of your kid free shopping/eating extravaganza! You look cute by the way!

Janae said...

I am so jealous you got to hang out with everyone! I miss all of you so much!