PAYNE POSTS

Friday, April 11, 2008

Water School


Bailey has really been into playing school lately. It was magnified when her cousin Allie was here and she could have more than one student. Earlier in the weak Bailey told Ellie to come to her water school. I wasn't really sure what this entailed, but it ended up being fine, no mess. Just Bay talking about water to Ellie in the bathroom. She filled up the sink and started to teach her stuff that she knew about water. Yesterday Bay wanted to play water school again and Ellie was excited about it too. Bay got the sink filled up and called in her pupil I was also in the bathroom (refilling the once again empty toilet paper roll), when the water class started. Bailey asked Ellie to remember what they had talked about last time, asking her what form was the water in, Ellie replied liquid. I was impressed and wanted to keep listening to them play. So I started to dust off this little stand and plant that I have in the bathroom, it needed to be done and was a good reason to hang around without looking like I am listening. After a few minutes Ellie asked me what I was doing, but before I could answer Bailey said, "oh she's just our janitor......" yep that pretty much sums me up!!

10 comments:

Kristin said...

ROFL! That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Thanks for sharing. Bailey is quite precocious isn't she? HA!

Sarah said...

That is hilarious- a great way to start out my Saturday morning! I'm impressed that Bailey knows so much about water and that Ellie does as well now- what smart girls you have!

Jill said...

That is really how I feel the janitor, the cook and the nanny. Bay cracks me up!

Melanie said...

Oh my gosh! That is so funny! I can't believe she said that! But yet, as a mom, you do totally feel like a janitor lots of times!

Melanie and Spencer said...

Wow that is so funny! Maybe Bay just wanted to include you in school :)

Michelle said...

LOL!!! That's too funny!!

Nat Lud said...

That is so cute that Bay plays school with Ellie! And how lucky they are that their school has such a great 'janitor'! :)

Payne Family said...

Thats the best!! I am laughing out loud right now. Ellie is going to have such a good teacher she is going to be able to skip right to
1st grade.

Jenn said...

That is SO funny! I laughed right out loud!! Also very cute that she was teaching her about water.

Hartley Family said...

That is so funny!!!!! Made me laugh! Is that all we are? Janitors?! I'm going to be down there in May- would LOVE to see you!