PAYNE POSTS

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Autumn Time

This is a really fun time of year. We have still been enjoying nice weather and been able to play outside, I hope we are able to enjoy some more great fall weather. Here are a few of the things we have been up to lately.

Kami and Dave grew tomatoes, peppers and a lot of of other great stuff in their garden this year. It all was ripe at the same time and Kami wanted to make salsa so I offered my assistance. It was a fun afternoon and the end results were pretty tasty. We made it our own with a little more of this and that I am excited to have salsa for the next few months

Last Friday the weather was so nice and the men were all late getting home from work, and no one had dinner ready. We decided we would all just order pizza and hang out in the front yard together. It was a lot of fun. The kids had a blast eating with their friends and being able to stay out and play. The moms of course loved no cooking or dishes. It was a great time.

Ally and Ellie
Bailey and Gavin

We had a BBQ on Sunday so that we could continue to enjoy the nice weather. I was making Macaroni Salad and Logan decided we wanted to help. He loves grabbing at everything lately. It is usually my hair but this time he got the spoon.

This past weekend Kami had the great idea of doing a neighborhood movie. Dave got a projector from work and they made a big screen with a blanket. All of the neighbors and a few people from the ward came to watch Alvin and Chipmunks. My kids loved it. I hope we have a new tradition on our hands.

The girls are still loving school they get excited to go, which always makes getting out the door a little easier. This is just a cute picture of them before we headed out the door one day. The picture of Logan is of him sporting the signature red sweatshirt. It was a little cool the other night while the kids were outside playing so I put this sweatshirt on Logan. It use to be Bailey's, Ryan bought it for her the Christmas I was pregnant with her and we didn't know if she was a girl or a boy. Our girls and Drew have all worn it. Love that we can just keep passing it on.

10 comments:

Nat Lud said...

Yay! I'm loving a new post! Such fun things you've been doing. I love the outdoor movie idea! You guys are so much fun!

Sarah said...

Neighborhood pizza night and movie night both sound like so much fun! I wish we were better friends with out neighbors. The girls look cute all ready for school in their striped shirts and I love Logan with his little red hoodie on. I'm glad that you are enjoying nice weather- I love the Fall!

Melanie said...

Isn't it fun to play outside and just enjoy neighbors?! We've been doing that a lot lately too.

Love the picture of Logan with the spoon. So cute!

Dinger said...

I need to live on your side of the neighborhood! It looks like fun! The movie night was a blast! I need your popcorn recipe!

Jill said...

Hey what salsa recipe did you use?? I need a good one to freeze. I love Ellie's hair. My fav the red Gap sweatshirt I remember when Bay used to wear it. When I first saw the picture of him it reminded me of Bay's little devil halloween costume. He is so dang cute.

Michelle said...

You have been busy! We had a blast at the movie night, sounds like a GREAT tradition!

Leslie and Dave said...

I love your neighborhood! And I love the girls blue and white outfits. The shoes make the outfit.

Kristin said...

You live on the best street ever! Jealous!

Nuestra Familia said...

Hi Andrea, you have the best neighborhood, all those things sound so fun. Your girls look so adorable for their picture and your little Logan is just so cute, red is a great color for boys or girls.

Jill said...

Yeah we did find a Belle costume on Toysrus.com. It's not the best but we got one and Allie is thrilled. Did you get your girls a costume yet? Are they still being Dorthy? Or was it Alice?