PAYNE POSTS

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

EASTER

We had a nice Easter weekend. It went by sort of quickly because there were plenty of activities to keep us busy. We started by dying eggs on Friday night. Logan just sat at our feet and cried most of the time because he wanted to sit in the middle of the table and splash in the dye. The Easter bunny paid our house a little visit on Saturday morning, leaving plenty of filled eggs to find, plus new buckets with treasures in them. Logan loved his first taste of jelly beans. Later that morning Ryan took the girls to an egg hunt at one of our friends house. They loved looking for eggs with their friends and were excited to get stickers in some of the eggs. I stayed home and backed up to leave for the weekend. We were heading to Oakley for and Easter egg hunt too, but first we had to squeeze in soccer pictures and half of Bailey's soccer game. It was a good half she played well and the team ended up tying. We were the last to arrive at the final egg hunt of the day, hopefully people didn't have to wait too long for us. We spent the rest of the weekend just hanging out at Julie and John's the kids love being there and spending so much time with their cousins. It was a Happy Easter !Dying Eggs

spring jammies and new spring shoes



yum yum jelly beans


Very happy to use their new HSM 3 buckets for the neighborhood hunt

Bailey with her 5 dollar golden egg
"I'm a lucky duck" she said
I agree


Logan's 1st Easter was a hit! I think he will be loving the egg finding
and serious candy consumption for many years to come.

These 3 little girls are the best of friends. Cousins are the best!

The boy cousins have taken over the girls
7 boys (soon to be 8) & 5 girls

Papa and Dee always put forth an amazing effort for these occasions. They always get the kids new jackets which is awesome, plus a great Easter egg hunt, good food and plenty of fun.


New Easter outfits are of course a must, here are a few of the pictures of the kids in their new duds. I couldn't get a very good one of all 3 of them. That is just the way it is right now I guess. We got a few decent family ones, but I am bummed you can't see Ryan's orange tie that matches Logan that I spent several days trying to find, oh well :) The great news for my family is that we can all wear these outfits again this week and try again for a photo. Moaning and groaning not necessary, we are doing it anyway :)

6 comments:

Jenn said...

VERY CUTE!! The girls outfits are so cute, and Logey is one handsome little man. You and Ryan look good too, I am a little disappointed about not seeing the tie :)

Sarah said...

Oh my word, I looked FOREVER trying to find an orange tie to match that vest. I'm actually interested to see what you came up with! I love the bright colors and how you are all coordinating. Sounds like you had a fun, relaxing Easter!

So we are totally on for a tropical vacation this Fall. We need to talk and work out all of the details!!!

Melanie said...

Sounds like a very fun Easter weekend. The kids look so cute. I love the new family photo up top. Very springy. You guys all look great! :)

I'm impressed Ryan wore a matching orange tie. (And Jon for that matter.) I don't think I could get Billy to do that! :)

Ashlee said...

I'm glad you made Ryan match with Logan, Paul made fun of me for trying to get all of us to coordinate on Easter! It turned out way cute, thanks for your help on the nutrition stuff, I feel better about that part now.

Jaeson and Traci Repscher said...

Cute Easter pics! Your kids are growing so fast. I wish mine could stay little forever. We go to that same little indoor waterpark whenever we go to SLC too! It is such a fun place!

Jill said...

Cute pictures! The first one is my fav. Love the jammies. It was fun to see you guys. we need to plan a get together next month.