PAYNE POSTS

Monday, April 27, 2009

Some Random Things....

This time of year always seems to start getting pretty crazy. I love it though. Nice weather, park days, school programs, field trips, etc. Nothing really exciting has been going on but here are a few random pictures.....


ORANGE TIGERS SPRING 2009

Soccer season is upon us again. Bailey's team stayed together from last fall. Her coaches have really invested some time in effort in this team. It has payed off this year too. They have been playing really well and have won most of their games. It has been fun to watch them really start to learn the game. Bailey really enjoys it.

For Bailey's reading time last week, I agreed to let her read to Ellie. Ellie had gotten a new book about going to Kindergarten when she went to registration. It was so one of those moments that made me pause and just be so happy I was their mom. They weren't fighting, they were just snuggling together after bath time reading together. It also killed two birds with one stone, Ellie needed to read some stories to earn a pizza coupon at school and Bailey has to read every night. Hopefully I can get them to do it again and it will go just as smoothly.

We moved some bushes in our yard last week. Logan was wanting to help pretty bad. He LOVED the dirt and of course the water. He got caught in the sprinkles a few times, hence is wet shirt on the drive way behind him, he ate A LOT of dirt, hence the dirt all over him, and he cried and cried when he had to go inside. I think I know where we will be spending a lot of time this summer. I am happy to have the bushes moved I have been wanting to do it for a while. We did break a sprinkler while doing it, but everything turned out fine. Of course a huge thank you is needed to all of our neighbors for letting us use all of their stuff and helping with the sprinkler and watching Logan while we worked. Its so nice to have such great people always so willing to help you out. What a blessing.

Logan has really started turning meal time into mess fest. But it is pretty funny to watch him. He did put that cheese on his head by himself. He also loved smearing the oatmeal all over his face. Maybe it will help out his skin issues. Gotta love those blue eyes~

I can't believe he is almost a year old. He is 11 months in these pictures. Where did the time go? He loves eating those baby Cheetos, which Ellie informs me every time that they are not as good as real Cheetos. I tell her to quit eating them off his tray then. Maybe she will start listening.


Ryan went fishing last weekend at his grandparents cabin. He had a good time. It had been quite a while since he had been. They caught a few nothing he good keep but it was still fun. I am sure he will be going back again. My sisters came up to hang out. It was nice to not be hear alone and the kids always love having their cousins come. Logan and Jackson hung out watching Baby Einstein. The girls and Drew loved riding bikes and playing outside. The girls also love to get Drew into some of their dress ups and have a show. He is a good sport and always looks very handsome in the dance outfits :) I would post a photo but I think Dean would hurt me, so leave it to your imagination. Ryan is going out of town again this weekend, anyone want to come have a girls weekend?

6 comments:

Bell Blog said...

I like the picture of Logan with the food all over his hair and face! I would have a girls weekend, but now I am going to have an extra girl! :)

Jenn said...

Dean said yes he would hurt you! Love the photos and had a great girl weekend! If it wasn't so far for me I would be up again on Thursday.

Melanie said...

I'm so glad your weather is getting nicer up there finally. Spring! :) The picture of the girls together reading is so sweet. And Logan is getting so big. I can't believe he's 11 months. He really reminds me of Ryan.

Hope you find some girls for this weekend. There have been lots of times when Billy is on call that I've invited girls over too. :)

Jill said...

Fun! I love a girls weekend. Mindy and I should come up. that would be sweet. ;)
Oooooo I hate the mess fest stage. fun for the babies not so much fun for the moms.

Nat Lud said...

So fun to see what you've been up to. I can't believe Logan is almost one!

Sarah said...

Your kids all have the prettiest shape and color eyes. Logan is so cute- where did you get those baby crocks? I really should start putting shoes on Max. Maybe it would help him walk!

That's so fun that your sisters came up to hang out. I SO wish I were there this weekend for some girl time instead of being here cleaning up Max's throw up and diarhea. So gross.