PAYNE POSTS

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Bailey !!

Bailey turned 8 today. I can't believe our little girl is already at this milestone. She seems so grown up and still so little all at the same time. I think she had a great birthday weekend. Yesterday she had a High School Musical themed birthday party, it was a little hot but the kids were all troopers. We had a jumping house, a pinata, pin the microphone on Troy and Gabriella, water balloons, standing on ice, and plenty of fun to go around. Bailey really wanted to have a party at her house this year and I think it turned out great. She was a great help in getting the party all ready, she helped me put the cupcake toppers together and did all that she could to make the party just right. She has some really awesome friends who came and supported her and spoiled her with some of her very favorite things; webkinz, earrings, HSM stuff, new dolls, stuff for the pool, a Hannah wig, art supplies and anything turquoise her new favorite color :) Lucky little lady!!

Some pictures from the partyHer party friends

How long can you stand in ice?

She is so excited that she can be both Hannah and Miley
with her wig and her naturally dark hair

HSM cupcakes for everyone

Since her birthday fell on Sunday this year, she informed us last night that we needed to go to the Olive Garden so she could get Alfredo since she wouldn't be able to on Sunday. So after the party we packed up and headed to the Olive Garden, I swear she and Ellie love this place, they sang to her and gave her a little cake.

Sunday July 19th brought more birthday fun and a few matters of church business. She had her interview to get baptized after church today. She said she was nervous before we went in to meet with the Bishop, but she did great and is ready to take this step. I was very proud of her and the way she conducted herself. When we got home she opened the rest of her gifts, lots of new earrings and cute holder for them, art supplies, the Hannah Montana movie soundtrack, and a new bike (she was in need, the old one was getting too small). Ryan did a lot of the shopping for her this year and she couldn't have been happier. We had her favorite dinner, "the good chicken" as she calls it, mashed potatoes and gravy, and she would have picked asparagus, but I forgot so we had green beans. We also had watermelon at the party yesterday because it is her favorite too.The morning celebrations

She was spoiled by grandparents and aunts and uncles, everyone gave and sent gifts that had her name all over them, she LOVED them all


We spend the rest of the night riding her new bike and talking about her great weekend. I think she told Ryan and I thank you about 5 times. What a sweet girl!

Some things we love about Bailey:
  1. She is very polite and uses good manners
  2. She is a great big sister, Ellie and Logan adore her and love to spend time with her
  3. She is very curious, she loves knowing what is going on all around her and always wants to know what we are talking about
  4. She is a good friend
  5. She tells great stories, lots of details and humor to follow along with
  6. She loves to sing and dance and put on shows. The new Hannah CD should bring endless possibilities.
  7. She is a good helper, she really has stepped up and is a right hand man to me around the house, with Logan and anything I really ask her to do. I appreciate her more and more.
  8. She is excited about getting baptized and is really starting to understand what it means
I can't believe this little girl is growing up to be a beautiful girl with a big heart and a desire to good. I hope she keeps it up. I am lucky to have had 8 great years with her and look forward to all of the years to come.

Happy Birthday Bailey Boo, we Love YOU!!

10 comments:

Nat Lud said...

That was such a sweet post! She is just such a pretty girl. Glad she had such a fun day. When is her baptism going to be? I'm so excited for Brooklynn's later this year. I can't believe we are already at this point in parenting!

Ashlee said...

I can't believe that she's already 8! She's such a cute girl and it looks like she had a great birthday!

Dinger said...

You really know how to throw a party. Maddie talked about it the rest of the day! I love the ice game, I think Jackson will have to borrow that for his b-day bash in a few weeks. Sounds like a fun weekend all around!

Melanie said...

8?! Wow. It sounds like she had a wonderful couple of days. How exciting to be getting baptized! :)

Jill said...

wow where did 8 years go!! so crazy. Hope she got our package in time. can't wait to come play.

Jenn said...

She looks so grown up in all those pictures. Looks like she had a great day!!

Sarah said...

The party looks like it turned out great! The cupcakes were really cute, the bounce house looked like a ton of fun, and the games sounded so cool (literally with the standing in ice one)!!! I'm glad that she had a great weekend!
Happy Birthday, Bailey!

Nuestra Familia said...

Happy 8th bday Bailey! Looks like the best birthday ever. She is such a pretty girl and I remember always nice to everyone. Great party too

Leslie and Dave said...

I can't believe she is 8 years old! Wow, I still remember when she was born, hearing play by play over the phone. She is a beautiful little girl. You have done an amazing job with her.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Bailey!!! I am so excited to have her in Activity days!