PAYNE POSTS

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wishing They Lived Closer

Disclaimer:
I am a total slacker at blogging lately, but I have so much to get caught up on. I am totally copying Sarah's blog about this fabulous weekend. I know she will forgive me, she knows I'm a slacker.

After all of Bailey's birthday stuff, we got ready for our friends the Drapers to visit. The totally drove out of their way just come visit and we are so glad they did. We were really good friends all through dental school and continue to be close, despite the hundreds of miles between us! It's fun that even though we haven't seen them for a year, we just pick up like nothing has changed. The first night we went out to dinner and then we all (minus the kids) stayed up until 6:00 in the morning talking- it was so fun- just like old times. Needless to say we were really tired the next day, but it was well worth it! If anyone knows Ryan, staying up that late is pretty much next to impossible for him. It takes some great company to accomplish that feat. He does get pretty entertaining when he stays up that late though, we call him fun Bobby (Friends).

On Friday Sarah and I spent the afternoon doing what we do best- shopping!

We left the kids home with the guys and they had fun playing games outside and just hanging out. Bailey and Ellie had so much fun with Jake and Nate they thought they were hilarious. We no longer call quesadillas by their name in our house. They have to be called triangles. So we have a Jake reminder at least 1 or 2 times a week.


After shopping we took the kids swimming.

Ellie and Nate got a long really well. He is such a cute kid.

Logan and Max chilled in the wagon. Max has quite the arm he can throw the ball like a champ!

When we got back from swimming the kids ate popsicles outside and just played until we could get them to go to bed.

After swimming be barbecued and hung out playing games. Saturday Sarah and I went running and helped get them ready for a long drive home. On their way out of town we ate at Five Guys which is sort of like In 'n Out. My take on it is this...... I think In 'n Out has better burgers but 5 guys fries and fry sauce were so good.

The time came too quickly to say goodbye but we were so happy they came our way. It was such a great couple of days. We need to do it more often. We have some really great friends from that time in our lives and I feel blessed that we are all still so close. We love you Drape's and look forward to the times that we get to hang out. Thanks for being such great friends and we can't wait to do it again, you are welcome here anytime. Too bad Southern California and Boise aren't closer.........Disneyland here we come!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for being such great hosts. You are so not a slacker- you added a ton to that post! We can't wait to hang out again soon!!!

Bell Blog said...

I love your swing set! I bet it's nice to have...