PAYNE POSTS

Friday, March 19, 2010

The Month of March

We started out the month with a trip to Logan. Matt & Jill were blessing their newest addition, Layla Joy, isn't she cute. I love her headband.





We also took the kids bowling. My kids had never been. I have always wanted to take them but I am not sure where a kid friendly place is in around here. That is what is great about Logan, everywhere is kid friendly, well not everywhere, you shouldn't take your kids to The Owl, but this bowling alley was very kid friendly. Bumpers and stands for your bowling ball make it perfect for kids. We had a great time. FYI I am NOT a good bowler.

Ellie's ball was a little heavy



Ryan helping the girls line up their balls just right



That is a lot of cute kids


and


A lot of bowling shoes



Ryan and his bro's acting all chill, but they were really trying to beat the crap out of each other in this family friendly game of bowling.

I can't remember who won, they probably can, all I know is it was NOT me!



This is a 2L full of water. When we were getting ready to leave Logan and head home I asked Ryan if he filled up the big cup he was carrying with water. He said that he did. I grabbed one more water bottle and headed out. On the way down the kids couldn't get enough to drink and we ran out of water, so I wanted to make sure to minimize the whining for the ride home. Well when I got out to the car I noticed that the big cup was not full of water, but full of Coke (not diet) with no ice. There could not be a worse drink for me, actually anything without ice is painful. So I of course go on a tirade about how he needs to find us some more water, yada yada............... 5 minutes later he comes back with this. The 2L which previously contained soda has now been filled with water and the lid is the lid of a regular water bottle, not a 2L so it leaks. Nice. I, of course, say I will NOT be holding that the whole way home. The kids think it is hilarious and start passing it back and forth sipping out of it. Bailey said she would hold it. After being on the road for about 10 minutes they were all passed out and slept most of the way home. This is how full the 2L was when we got home. Guess we didn't need it after all. Ryan says "I will rue the day I put him in charge of cups and ice" I concur and actually now find this hilarious.


A few weeks later my sisters husbands both had some work to do in Boise so they came for a visit. We didn't do much, just hung out and took the kids swimming.

Ellie and Drew


These kiddos love the water.


A few things from school.................

Ellie and I made this cute kite for her March project, she picked out most of the things on it. The kite her teacher gave her to use was orange, but she didn't like it. She wanted it to be turqoise, so we covered the orange with cardstock and there you have it.

For read week the students had to dress up like their favorite book character.

Ellie was Pinkalicious and Bailey was Molly from the American Girl books.

(Bailey's glasses are my old ones that we popped the lenses out of,she loves them and still wears them all of the time. Silly kid)


St. Patricks Day

Our friend Lucky the Leprechaun visited us again this year. He left some gold and green candy and some new green shirts to wear. No pinching will be happening.

Logan calls candy " nandy" and he can't get enough he is eating this one with the wrapper on.


Everyone in the green gear. Looking pretty cute I think.

My sister in law made me those cute Lucky blocks. I love them, love her, love her craftiness, and her vinyl cutter. I can't wait to use them again next year.

5 comments:

Dinger said...

Finally an update! Laughed at the Coke story--that could totally happen with the Dinger's too!

Nat Lud said...

Loved the update! You guys have been busy. I am totally loving the girls book character outfits. Perfect!

Sarah said...

Those blocks are adorable! I am loving Ryan's 'Friends' reference... I miss that show! Fun to get to spend time with both sides of the family. All of the kids are getting so big! I'm with you on the bowling thing, I stink as well, but it's fun to take the kids. I've never seen that ball stand thing- that's pretty cool! Glad things are going well!

Payne Family said...

Blast!!! I guess this means I have to update my blog. It looks like you found how to put a back date on your post if I can't I will be calling you. I love all the pics. I am still laughing about the water story. I can just picture the scene in the car and that makes it even more hilarious!! Love it.

Jill said...

what a fun post. Bailey looks just like Molly! Love it. I'm so glad she likes the books. I'm so excited you are having a girl! Layla really needed a friend. :)