At the end of June we took a family vacation to Lake Powell. We went with my parents, my sisters and their husbands, and the kids (my two girls and my sisters little boy). I was a little nervous about taking the kids, but it turned out to be great. This was one of my favorite vacations growing up so I wanted my kids to love it as much as I did. I think they really did have fun. Ryan was a little less excited than I was but he had a good time too. He went fishing, hit golf balls off the rocks, and enjoyed being around guys!! We all did get a little taste of the stomach flu, which on a houseboat...not so fun, but thank goodness it only lasted one day. Other than that, the trip went off without a hitch. It was just nice to be away from everything for 5 days, no tv, cell phones, email, etc. I think my sister said it best after a ski on water like glass at sunset "that needs to be on your list of things to do before you die." I couldn't agree more!!!




2 comments:
Andrea- you look so good in all of these pictures! Lake Powell definitely agrees with you! I used to love going houseboating growing up and I agree with Jen that skiing on glass at sunset definitely needs to go on the list of things one has to do in their lifetime. I'm glad you guys had a great time!
I've never been to Lake Powell, but these pictures sure make me want to put it on my list. Those mountains are gorgeous! A couple of months ago it was highlighted as a best vacation spot in familyfun magazine and that was really my first time to see photos of it. The slide off the houseboat looks really fun. Luke was really excited to see pictures of Bailey. He still talks about his "friend Bailey that lives in Idaho." She's legendary.
Post a Comment