The week started out by making a Gingerbread house for family night. The girls begged me to buy the gingerbread house kit at Costco. It was actually pretty easy and turned out pretty good. They had a lot of fun putting it together. Bailey did a lot of the decorating, Ellie ate a lot of candy!
On Wednesday we finally got our tree. It was a pretty warm day and Ryan got home early so it was a good night to pick a tree. We found a good one at the nursery close by our house. It took us Wed. and Thurs. nights to get it all decorated. The kids put the ornaments on and then I had to do a little "rearranging" after they were in bed. Just to make sure we had ornament all over the tree not just in the middle of the front.
On Thursday Ellie had her Christmas program at preschool. Her class wore little halos on their heads and repeated a Christmas poem and sang a little song. She did a good job. She was right behind the microphone stand so that always makes for a lovely photo, at least you can see her better on the video.Friday night our friends had a Santa party. There quite a few kids there from our ward, so it made it really fun the girls to watch all of their friends get to see Santa. They all sang songs with Santa and then he would reach into his bag and he had a present for each kid. They got to sit on his lap and chat with him for a few minutes and then open their presents. The kids thought it was great, he was a really good Santa. It was a fun party.








10 comments:
It sounds like you guys are having a great holiday season. Allie said she really, really wanted to sit on Santa's lap like Ellie. I have to say that is the best Santa ever!!
Your girls are so cute!
That is a very good looking Santa! I love the Gingerbread houses that would be fun, I have never made one before.
Ok, so I just barely posted about our gingerbread house--I got mine from Wal-Mart but now I'm thinking we got gypped. (woah, no idea how to spell that) You guys had a way better selection of candy. :) Man, i really wish we had a Costo around here . . .
It looks like you guys have been busy. I love the holidays.
Wow! Talk about an action-filled week! :) Looks like you guys are having a ton of fun and totally enjoying the holiday! The girls look way cute in the pictures and that Santa looks really authentic!
That's so funny- I haven't checked blogs for a while and so I just posted about our gingerbread house that we made for family night. I then read your blog and then I just read Natalie's comment! I guess we are all on the same wavelength! We got the Costco kit as well and ended up throwing a lot of the candy away- there was no more room for it!
I'm glad that you are enjoying your holiday season!
tree looks great, santa's been seen, sweaters match...you're off to a great christmas!
Looks like you are enjoying the holiday season!! Your ginderbread house looks fantastic. I love the tree and as always Bailey and Ellie look so cute!
I just got your card....congrats on the upcoming baby! I am so excited! I have been wondering if you were going to join the rest of us sometime soon! Hope you are feeling good!
Post a Comment