My journal post of the Christmas holiday begins. I don't expect you all to read every word or look at every photo but I want to remember it all, but it could get boring for others. We started our holiday the weekend before Christmas. After Bailey got out of school we went to Burley for the weekend, we stayed at Julie and John's and had a lot of fun with them and their kids. Saturday we had a party at Ryan's dads house, he and Dee went all out. They made us a great dinner and spoiled us and the kids with great gifts. They even got to see Santa! The kids had fun giving and getting their presents from their cousins. They both got Doodle Bears and thought they were the best toys ever.


Cute fleece blankets from Papa and Dee
The girls excited about all of their loot
Sunday we went to church, they had a great Christmas program, and then had another little party. All of the grandkids ended up coordinating in their Christmas clothes, it wasn't planned and the picture didn't turn out great, but they all looked really cute.
Trae and Dallin are missing in this photo
Monday morning we came home to enjoy Christmas Eve and part of Christmas Day as a family. We took the girls to see Enchanted. It was a really cute movie. We had pizza, made cookies for Santa, and let them open their new Christmas jammies. It was fun to be together with our family and watch how excited the girls were about every little detail. Ellie went to sleep really well because she didn't want a rock in her stocking. Bay did pretty good but was a little restless I think she changed sleeping positions 20 times, the excitement was getting to her.

Christmas morning was great. We had lots of fun opening gifts and watching the girls. Ellie got a new bike and Bailey a Barbie laptop computer. Ellie also got bunk beds for her babies and Bay some cooking stuff. They got some Barbie stuff and the Hello Kitty radio to share. The hit of the morning was the High School Musical dance mat. Bailey tried for an hour to beat me she would get so mad (we have no idea were this competitiveness came from :)). That afternoon we headed for Utah to enjoy Christmas with my family.



New Princess Sweats.
Look at our new stuff!

It was fun to be able to have Christmas with my family, the girls got even more spoiled but loved every minute of it. Bailey got a doctors kit and Ellie an Ariel sleeping bag. They also got a fun easel and moon sand to share. They had so much fun playing with all of their new stuff. They loved being at Grandma's and being able to do whatever they wanted.

Their favorite part was being able to play out in ALL of the snow. We took them sledding for their first time and they loved it. They also had so much fun playing in the snow with Pops and helping uncle Spencer build fun snow creatures and snow forts. I think Bailey would have stayed out their all week. Ellie would get a little cold but still had tons of fun.
Ellie making a snow angel.
Bailey loving every minute of sledding. 



These are the snow creatures that Spencer made. A turtle named Crush, Bruce the Shark, and Nemo.

We hope you all had a great holiday too. It is sad that this time of year is already over. I am enjoying a slower pace right now and am looking forward to getting everything organized and back in its place. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
7 comments:
Your girls are so cute Ann! Sometimes I get sad that my baby won't be a baby forever, but then I read blogs like yours and realize kids are fun at every stage- your girls are at a really fun age right now! I bet it's so great to watch them get excited about Christmas! I want to know what your girls said when you told them you were pregnant!
I love the picture of Ellie with her blanket. I like you new template.
The girls look so cute in their dresses and boots. Call me crazy but I've never seen snow creatures. That is awesome! how did he get them colored? Hats off to Spencer!!
Holy crap! Those are some awesome snow creatures. I gotta utilize my snow supply better, I guess! Brooklynn has that same easel and LOVES it. Your girls will have lots of fun with it. I'm so happy to see your pics!
Such cute pictures! It's fun that the girls are old enough to really understand Christmas and get excited about every gift- big or small. I love it.
Those snow sculptures really are impressive- how did he get them colored?
I'm glad that you had a great Christmas!!!
Spencer was happy to see that the snow creatures made the blog. I will have to get those pictures from you since we didn't have our camera
The ice sculptures are way cool! Like your new look too.
Post a Comment