PAYNE POSTS

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Stomach Flu, Hacking Cough, Fever, and Pink Eye....

Maybe you think you are on the Web MD site......no this is my blog just reporting the things our family has been experiencing the last week or so. We all had the stomach flu, the kids had the hacking cough, Ellie still does, she also had the fever, but worst of all was Ryan's case of pink eye. In both eyes! Sat. night the right side was looking a little red, 2 hours later they both looked red, Sunday morning he could have starred in a horror film. So nasty, his eyes were glued shut!! Anyway, with his eyes and Ellie's cough, they were unable to attend church at 8 AM (still totally better than 3 but so early). Anyway, long story short the eyes are better, he called himself in a prescription for some eye drops (the job has to have some perks right?) he couldn't go to work on Monday but since Tues. they have been much better. I am praying the rest of us don't get it!!!! Knock on wood!
Here is a picture, but it doesn't even do it justice, it was seriously gross!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Okay, freaky picture! I'm so sorry to hear that you have all been so sick lately. It seems like it is just the time of year for colds and flu. I'm glad that everyone seems to be doing better.

I can't believe that your church is at 8:00 now- I guess it is better than 3:00, but still just seems so early. Ours went to 9:00 this year and we were 10 minutes late last week. I can't imagine how late we would be at 8:00!!!

Nat Lud said...

What a huge bummer! Gotta love the cold and flu season around these parts! It last forever! Hope you're all feeling back up to par. And, yes, having a 'doc' in the house sure comes in handy sometimes for those much needed prescriptions! I could sure use some sort of narcotic cocktail about now . . . :)

Melanie said...

Oh man, just what you want - a round of sicknesses for everyone! I'm glad it sounds like things are getting better. Hopefully the pink eye stays away for a long time!

(And like you and Natalie said, I don't know how many times Billy's degree has come in handy when we need something for the kids or himself!)

Jill said...

Pink eye is the worst! That picture brings back bad memories of being pregnant & having pink eye. I'm glad he is better.

Kristin said...

My babies always get pink eye, and I just start the whole family on the drops, cause for sure we'll all get it. Glad he can do his own Rx, can he do narcotics...I'll have to keep that in mind, hmmmm....

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear your problems. Hope everything works out for you. We also this past week experianced a bout of stomach flu. We are almost well, but now our 6 yr old boy has pink eye