PAYNE POSTS

Friday, February 29, 2008

Sick Day Fun and the Art Fair

We started off the week with Bailey and her fever. She got a fever on Sunday and it didn't go away until Wed. night. She had a nice cough to go along with it, the cough got a little old on her 3rd day home from school. I had to hang out in the pantry with the door closed for a little sanity. Ellie liked having her home and loved the fact that she could watch cartoons and movies for a good chunk of the day. We did try to do a few constructive things on these days. Monday we made cookies, Ellie wanted to make Somoas (you can tell its Girl Scout Cookie time), Bay wanted to make cinnamon cookies, the only thing I could think of was Snickerdoodles so that's what we did. They turned out good, we didn't share them with anyone, due to the sickness, so I of course ate quite a few.


The next day I had to take Ellie to school, she felt great so why not. I left Bailey here "to rest" the school is only a few minutes away. As I was leaving I realized we were out of Motrin, not good in a fever situation so I thought I would "hurry" and run to Wal-Mart to get more, well we all know that hurry and Wal-Mart don't go together. When I got back Bay had gotten up from her rest and met me in the garage to let me know that Kami had called. Lovely Bay, not only were you not resting, you were answering the phone and letting people know I had left you home alone. Thank goodness Kami won't judge me or turn me in. The rest of the day went pretty good, we painted pictures for Pops that will hopefully cheer him up after his surgery this week.

She did feel a little better on Wed. but still had a fever so we kept her home. Ellie had dance so I left Bailey here again, I know I am losing losing votes for mother of the year, but I found the balance of healthy kid vs. sick kid to be fairly difficult. Neither of them had ever really been that sick for so many days in a row, so I had to find a way to let Ellie do the stuff she was use to and keep Bailey away from people. Thank the heavens for TV. It all worked out and everyone was fine. Ellie liked having everyone here all day long, but started to get a little stir crazy towards the end (me too).

Ellie made Ryan be Raja (the tiger from Aladdin) to keep her entertained.
She is wearing the same outfit as the other photo, it is sad to admit I did let them wear the same clothes for like 2 days, they even slept in them. Whatever they were happy and comfy, sanitary...not so sure.
I know mother of the year!!

Thursday brought back the Bailey we know and love, fever gone, sassy mouth back in all its glory. I am glad that she is doing better and was able to go back to school. I think she started to miss the routine she is use to. We even managed to find time to complete her project for the school Art Fair. They had to find things from nature or outside and put them in a big can, fill it with water (add food coloring if desired) and then freeze it. They actually turned out really cool. Her class won an award for most original. It was fun to see what all of the kids came up with.

These are just of few of the sculptures. Bailey's is the first photo. Ryan says it looks like a hamburger. I think they are all pretty cool.


The week turned out well I am hoping we are through with all the cold and flu stuff. I am ready for spring, warm weather and healthy kids.

8 comments:

Nat Lud said...

That sucks Bailey was sick. I applaud you for being 'one of those moms.' I am one too! It is just easier to leave one kid home, or in the car or whatever. sometimes life just necessitates these situations! (woah big words.) Anyway, glad to hear everyone is feeling better. And I think her sculpture looks like a hamburger too!

Sarah said...

Those sculptures are really cool- what a good idea! I'm glad that Bailey is feeling better now and that she is back to her normal routine. It sounds like you made her sick days fun, nonetheless. Has your dad had his surgery yet? How'd it go? I hope that everything went well and that he is recovering nicely.

Melanie said...

It stinks when one of the kids are sick. Way to go in making it a fun week and with Ellie still able to go do her things. Glad to hear Bailey is feeling better though. Nothing like being at home for a few days with a sick kid to make you want to go run for the hills! :) Glad you survived.

Jill said...

That's to bad Bay didn't feel well. The fever is the worst. It seems like they are extra irritable. That does look like a hamburger. That reminds me of curious george. He freezes nuts. Anyways hope you have a better week! ps I don't think its bad you left Bay. I would have.

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

I hear ya sista! I am so ready for park days and warm weather! I love that you admit your mom faults, most days I am so glad I am not being filmed because then people would know how much I let my kids watch TV or do something they shouldn't!

Payne Family said...

I am glad everything is back to normal. It sounds life a fun filled week.
I tagged you- check my blog.

Kristin said...

AGH! Sick kids! Driving me insane too. If I see one more snot smear across my couch/jeans/bedspread/tablecloth, I swear I'm going to lose it! Kate and Ella have missed 2 weeks of church, and since neither Chris nor I can miss, that means Luke and Tess trade off babysitting! (PS I leave Ella home asleep and run errands. I know, I'm going to get turned in!) Glad she's better. Love the 'hamburger art'.