PAYNE POSTS
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Mother of the Year
I am only making this post so if Logan does have some sort of permanent injury he can refer back to this for the exact date that I let him fall on his head!! He fell from our bathroom counter today onto the floor. I told the girls to watch him while I ran down to get their breakfast and then they could eat while I bathed him. Well, Bay got distracted and wanted to know what was for lunch and Ellie's tummy was just so hungry..........so result......Logan on the floor of the bathroom. Yep I am great!! I can not be mad at the girls because they are children I am suppose to be a responsible adult. I know it happens to everyone and I shouldn't beat myself up about it but I still feel horrible and I am still up at 2:00 a.m. watching him sleep for fear that he may suddenly have some ill effect after 17 hours, stranger things have happened, I am convinced he is going to fine (I think) the doctor thought so and he is acting like his perfect normal self. I am mad at myself for ignoring that prompting that I always pray I will get, well I got it and I ignored it, lovely! Well I guess my mother of the year award will be taken away yet again. I am so very grateful for a healthy and resilient baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
There are many years ahead of you to earn you mother of the year award back, until then know that every mom that reads this post has all done something particularly similar or even worse. Our babies are made to withstand alot of things like this.
I'm sure he's just fine, but I think we all beat ourselves up over things like this. Know you are not alone. I've had babies fall too. I felt horrible too. I cried with them too. And they're doing just fine.
Hope you managed to get some sleep!
Oh don't worry. I think I've lost mother of the year weekly. we all have our moments. I just have to say Logy is so cute! He is getting so big! I love his little smile in the bumbo. Do you just love the bumbo?
Andrea,
Don't be too hard on yourself. We have all done this one time or another. When Austen was two he would climb all over the place and would fall and always hit his nose. We were at the dr. it seems like everyweek with him. Boys!!! I thnk Logan looks like Ryan's baby pictures.
Tell the girls I love them.
Aunt Julie
I agree with everyone else that I think we have all done something like this, so don't be too hard on yourself! Logan looks so cute in his little seat- I really need to get one of those. Once again, Max has that same onesie- I wish we lived closer and could take a picture of the boys in their matching outfits all of the time!
It was so fun to talk to you the other day- we need to talk more often!
Nope, Sorry, I, have the mother of the year award in the bag. You're not even close. So there.
You still are mother of the year in my book!! My award gets taken away on a daily basis. If it makes you feel any better I too have similar stories with each of my children. He is cute as a button!
I know you are a great mother- things happen right? Anyway so nice to get in touch with you - hope you are doing well
We've all done it before, but luckily kids are so resilient! If I fell from a similar height relative to my body size, I would be hurting for days!
Oooooh, poor guy. Don't worry I didn't notice any ill effects today! ;) Seriously, we all have those moments. Both of my boys have rolled off the bed onto the floor as babies. You would think after the first on I would have learned. Nope, I am 2 for 2!
Aagh. Gotta love those moments. And they are moments. You are an awesome mom all the rest of the time! I'm thinking you're pretty great for sharing this story!
For some reason your post brought tears. I think it the part where you have been watching over him afterwards making sure he really is okay. I would agree that you are pretty brave to share with all of us. I hope he is doing better - he looks great - and that you are able to sleep at night. :)
Abusive! Do you really blog about things like this? Get real you don't ever put your kid up on a counter and expect your other child to watch him or her.
Who ever left the anonymous comment is very rude, and obviously does not know Andrea so mind your own business. It is something you can blog about to family and friends and since you are not one of them, keep your comments to yourslef. You are either not a mother or think that you are perfect one, so why don't you get real and stop reading other peoples blog.
Only the most insecure people would leave an anonymous attack.If you're gonna leave a rude comment- own it.
Misery enjoys company and obviously who ever wrote the anonymous comment wants Andrea to be miserable too, not gonna happen, Andrea is better than that. The reality is Andrea is a great mom, wife and fiend. I see how she interacts with her children, spends time with them.
Anyone who truly knows her knows she only wants what's best for her family.
Love the Payne Fam - Kam
The most annoying part about the "anonymous" comment is just that, anonymous! Andrea, you obviously felt very volnerable sharing your "mom of the year" moment. The person that posted the rude/inconsiderate/judgemental comment must have worse bigger problems to worry about if they're afraid to identify themselves. "Anonymous", if you are reading this, I challenge you to identify yourself. Cowarding behind your comments will do nothing. If you can't own up to what you say, then you probably shouldn't say it. Again, I would like to see you be "big" enough to share who you are and then lets evaluate your mothering/fathering skills, since you are the one to "cast the first stone."
Post a Comment