PAYNE POSTS

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas Break Fun at Grandmas

Here are a few of the photos that capture how we spent some of our time in Utah. The kids LOVE being at grandma's, and I think we are finally through what Ryan calls the "detox" stage. This is the stage that the kids have to go through when they get home from grandma's or anywhere when the rules have been laxed. The detox stage is worth it, I love that they are making such fun memories with their grandparents, cousins, and aunts & uncles.
Jenn and Mel gave the girls Twister, they had never played it before. They loved it, Ellie said she didn't have to follow all of the rules since she is too small to reach. I agree. Playing with Uncle Spencer is always a treat, he loves to get right it your space :)

Grandma has been doing some remodeling, which was actually kind of fun for the kids. No furniture means lots of rooms to run and plenty of places to get out sleeping bags for a movie.


Drew and Logan had the same jammies.... you know that is picture worthy!

Spencer is infamous for his snow creations. The kids love playing in the snow with him, he always builds them forts and in this case a prince and princess castle. It makes playing in the snow entertaining and quite awesome.


Grandma and Pops gave the girls and Easy Bake Oven this year. They are very excite about it. Ellie is especially excited to have her own apron and hat. She does want to be a cooker when she grows up!

The girls also got the movie Hairspray from their aunts. I know not the most age appropriate show, but they love the music. I was obsessed with Grease when I was a kid, so I guess I only have myself to blame. Anyway, I only let them watch it every once in awhile, but Bailey thought she was pretty funny in recreating Tracy pretending she is a bride with toilet paper. I agree it was very funny Bay.

We also went and saw Bedtime Stories, did an Ikea run, and few other fun stores. There was also lots of gaming, plenty of football and good food. I was also able to see my good friend Leslie, who lives in Paris, I was still in town for her baby shower. It was great catching up with her and some of my other friends from my college days. Congrats Dave & Les!!

We had a great break. I am still trying to get things back in order after being gone so long and all the craziness of traveling and the holiday. But its January.....what else do I have to do.

Ready for Spring anyone???

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I still have never seen Hairspray but I've heard from everyone that it is hilarious. Seeing Bailey with the toilet paper on her head makes me really want to watch it! I'm always impressed with Spencer's snow creations- that is seriously a talent. And Logan looks so grown up sitting next to Drew in their matching pajamas- so cute! I'm glad that you made it back safely (and hopefully in a lot less time than it took you to get there)! We still really need to talk and catch up. It's sad that the guys talk more often than we do!

Chanell said...

I'm with you on the detox. It takes my kids at least a week to adjust. But I just can't help myself going back- it's always exciting. It sounds like your trip was a blast.
I agree that winter is only fun during Christmas time. Now it's just cold. I'm so looking forward to WARMTH!

Nat Lud said...

So many things to agree with! First of all--the detox. Gotta love it! It's always a good week before my kids get the 'spoileds' out. :) Also, I agree with Sarah--Logan looks so grown up in the pj picture! I can't believe the last time I saw him he was a newborn! We have got to get together!