PAYNE POSTS

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fall Field Trips

The girls both went on field trips this fall. It was fun to tag along, chilly on both occasions but fun to spend time with the girls. Bailey's class went to the Ag Expo. I really enjoyed this field trip being that I have a little farm life and ag in my background, and I married a member of the FFA, I felt somewhat in my element. Plus they talked to kids about nutrition and where our food comes from and the importance of drinking milk (my soapbox).
I had a good time I think the kids did too.

Bailey's class
Her teacher is the one on the tractor, I know she looks like one of the kids


Bailey is getting ready to pet the bunny. She liked the baby quail and baby pigs the best (I am pretty sure Ryan made her say she loved the baby pigs because he thinks they are so cute, I honestly think I have heard him tell me how cute baby pigs are more times then he has said that about our children.......go figure)

The kido's drinking their milk, they got string cheese too. It was a good day for calcium!

I am excited to go to this again next year. I hope Ellie's class gets to go.


This year Ellie's kindergarten class went to the pumpkin patch for their field trip. This is the fourth year I have been to a field trip to this pumpkin patch and every single year it has been miserably cold. I have been there other times and it has been fine, but for some reason the weather gods hear I am going on the field trip and the first freezing cold day of the season comes that day.


Ellie had fun walking through the corn maze with all of her friends. Logan liked it for a little while but I think he got cold. The kids always get to go pick their own pumpkins and they can't pick anything bigger then they can carry, so its always fun to see what they come pack with.


Ellie with the pumpkin that she picked and the one she picked for Logan, he's not so happy, he will learn to love the pumpkin later when he warms up.




I am happy I was able to go field tripping with the girls. It is always fun to see them in their school environment and watch they interact with everyone and everything around them. Until next year pumpkin patch......please warm up!

No comments: