PAYNE POSTS

Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Bailey!!!

Happy Birthday Bailey !
I can't believe our Bailey Boo is 9 years old. The saddest part of this milestone for me was, the fact that I have the same amount of time left with her as I have already had. I am half way to teaching her what she needs to know to face the world. I hope we are on tract. Some days I wonder, but other days I am pleasantly surprised by how grown up and wonderful she can be. I hope the next 9 go slower than the first 9.


Birthday morning. She always gets so excited for the decor and seeing how we set everything up. She said she wants me to do it every year.



She got a few new books. She is into reading and LOVES to get books. She got a Ramona book, the AG Molly set, and a 39 Clues book. All some of her very favorites.




She really wanted to go get a manicure and pedicure for her birthday so I asked her if she wanted me to do it or if she wanted to go somewhere. She was very torn by this. I was too, forking over the cash or sitting on the floor for an hour :) Either way I told her. She decided that she wanted me to do it. Ryan took Logan with him for a while so we could have an at home spa day without a crazy 2 year old.


Here are the ladies arriving for their mani's and pedi's.

They look perfectly fashionable for a day at the spa.


Gotta start with the soak


They were very impressed with my pedicure knowledge :)

I was very happy that I could cut their toe nails without them complaining too much, I must admit I did try to speak with some sort of accent which just made all of us laugh!



I am not very good at painting toe nails I tend to go "out of the lines" but they didn't seem to mind too much and loved getting the flowers painted on their toes.

Thanks for coming ladies you two are my very favorite customers!



Later that day we had dinner at the Olive Garden. Bay's favorite, she picks it anytime that she can. They all love the fettuccine.




Back home for presents and cake. She really wanted this backpack it is awfully cute, but I am going to make her use it until she goes to college.


She is also going to start hitting the links with her dad. I keep telling her if she wants to go to college she better learn how to golf. She doesn't take me seriously, but she was super excited for the new clubs and wants to use them all of the time.



She really wanted a Huckleberry cake, um okay how does one go about that. This picture is taken from a distance for a reason the cake fell apart in my attempts, it was sad, it had great potential. But it tasted pretty good and she thought it was cute so that is all that mattered. We did manage to find Huckleberry ice cream so that was awesome!


It doesn't matter whose birthday it is, they are all always SO excited.

You need to put some of those fingers down, I can't believe you are that old already.



Outside to play with the new loot.

Things we love about Bailey...................

  • She is a good big sister. She has really taken to Logan and is always looking out for him and doing anything he wants her too. She and Ellie have their moments but for the most part are great friends and play together very well.
  • She cares about people, she feels bad when others feel bad. She looks out for her friends and family.
  • She likes to have things organized she is very particular about her stuff and wants everything put back in its proper place.
  • She is really good about helping me out, Ellie lacks a little in the working department, but Bay steps it up and works hard for both of them. Hopefully El will catch on soon :)

Things Bailey loves.................................

  • Still loves girly things like earrings, lip gloss etc.
  • She loves books
  • Playing soccer
  • Pepperoni Pizza and Fettuccine
  • She loves being silly and making people laugh
  • She loves singing, dancing and putting on shows
  • Projects! This summer she and Ellie turned their room into a Hannah Montana studio it took them all day, another day they made an American Girl poster which took up an entire wall. I stocked up on paper at the back to school sales.

Happy Birthday Bailey, we love you!! Please stop growing up so fast.

3 comments:

Chanell said...

Wow. Impressive pedicures! What a cute idea. I can't believe how old Bailey looked in the picture with her cake. She is a beautiful girl. She's going to have all those country club boys after her! :)

Kim said...

Looks like she had a great day. It is hard to see them grow up that's for sure. How cute your pedicure idea.

Jill said...

oh man, 9! where has the time gone! She's so great, we love her. She's such a good example to Allie.