At the end of February Bailey finished her historical project. They had to choose and research someone who was dead and had made an influence on the world. The individual could not be a celebrity or solely known for religious affiliations (basically telling them they couldn't do Nephi or Joseph Smith) :) Bailey chose Florence Nightingale, she was the first nurse, and while there were several repeats, Bay was the only Florence. She was pretty proud of that. She learned a lot and was a good help on this project but lets be honest, I did a lot of it. I guess that is how they learn, a 4th grader can only do so much. She had to give a little speech about her (which she still has memorized and recites often), make a tri-fold, write a report, and dress up like her. They had a museum with all of the students to show case their hard work. She ended up getting 100% on the project. She was proud of herself, she taped her grading sheet to the door for me to see when I got back from dropping off Ellie at gym. I glad she enjoyed the project.
Good Job Florence!
At the beginning of March Ellie had her Pot of Gold meet for gymnastics. This is the big meet of the year, where the students have the opportunity to pass off their current level and move up. She did awesome. She really wanted a new leotard for the event and it made her perform like a rock star. She 3 blue ribbons(beam, floor, and bars) and 1 red (vault) this earned her a gold medal and the opportunity to move up to level 3. She also got invited to be on the team. We aren't sure we are quite ready for the time and financial commitment just yet, but it will probably happen eventually. I think this is her true love.
Way to go Ellie, we were so proud of you!!
I was running the video camera and Ryan was chasing Logan, so Bailey was in charge of photography for the day. She did a great job, she captured some good moments. Thanks Bay.
1 comment:
I wish we could have come to see Ellie. she's so talented.
Post a Comment