PAYNE POSTS

Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Drapers Come to Town

Great Friends are One of Lifes
Lovely Treasures
Our friends Jon and Sarah, and their little boys Jake and Nate, came to visit us this past week. We were so excited for them to come. We don't get to see enough of each other anymore. Seeing that we live 15 hours apart, it is always exciting to get together. This was their first trip to our neck of the woods we tried to do some of the fun things that our town has to offer, but mostly we just enjoyed hanging out and letting the kids play. Jon invented a jump rope game that kept the kids occupied for hours, and the adults enjoyed a little Apples to Apples (while consuming the Banana Cream Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory, if you have not tried this one, I highly recommend it). The main event was a trip to the water park. It was a lot of fun for both the kids and the adults. The kids were so brave, they went down a pretty steep slide by themselves, it was fun to watch them. We also drove them all around and tried to convince them to move here......... I don't think they will be moving anytime soon, but I do think they will come back to visit. We certainly hope that they do!



The kids playing the jumprope game
Bailey and Ellie on the water park teeter-totter



Bailey on the steep slide, Ryan and Jon racing down, I think its a tie.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I need to get a copy of your pictures from the trip. There are a few that I didn't get on my camera. I love Ryan and Jon's faces in the slide picture- classic!

How do you get our pictures to post in a square like that?

Kristin said...

looks like more vacationing!

Andrea said...

Sarah,
Just select none when you upload your photos, then you can move them around easier,side by side or center them etc.

Nat Lud said...

So pretty much I didn't even know you had a blog until tonight! I love it. I think blogs are a great way to stay in touch. Yay! Glad to hear your visit with the Draper's was awesome. I so wish we coul've joined in the fun. Take care!