Ellie started dance this week. We went to the studio on Tuesday to see if they had any spots available they had room in the Wednesday class, and told her she could start tomorrow. So I told Ellie we would go home and see if we had some ballet shoes, some that Bailey had grown out of. I looked everywhere and we didn't have any in Ellie's size, I figure I must have just borrowed someone's when Bailey was that size. I figured I would just get some that week and she could start the next week. Wednesday morning after I dropped Bay off at the bus, Ellie said "I thought I going to dance today." I said we would need to get her some shoes and she could start next week. She did not like this idea, she said we could go to the store right now and get some. I felt bad that she has been having to wait and wait for everything, preschool, Bailey to get home etc. So I agreed, I threw clothes on and put her in the dance outfit of her choice and hopped in the car. We had exactly 40 minutes before class started. I had found the Danskin brand for Bailey and Wal-Mart so I figured I would try there, if they didn't have them I was going to be in trouble because of the time issues. We run into Wal-Mart look all over the shoes, finally find a lady who tells me they don't sell them anymore. Lovely. Then I remember that they sell them at the studio, I figured they were going to be like 25 bucks (they use to be 11.99 at Wal-Mart) but I didn't care at that point, I tried to save money and it didn't work out. We get to the studio and a girl helps us find Ellie's size, and she is so incredibly excited about the new shoes she can hardly speak she just keeps looking at them and then runs into her class. The girls says she is new and has no idea how much the cost. Great! While she goes to check, Ryan calls I tell him where I am and what I am doing, he of course says Grrreeeeeeaaaaatttttt, when I tell him I have no idea how much they are going to be. After I hang up the girl comes out with the bill all written up and tells me the total $13.78. Yep, 13 bucks. Seriously all of the time, trouble and stress could have been saved if I would have just asked they studio when I was in there on Tues. what they charge for shoes!!! I have to learn everything the hard way that is just the way to goes for me, but I didn't care, Ellie was so happy, she loved class and the shoes. When class was over she asked me if she got to keep the shoes. She hasn't taken them off since Wed. she calls them her balley's. Knowing how happy they made her I wouldn't have cared if they were more money, but 13 bucks makes it all even sweeter.




8 comments:
I love it! What a cutie! And you're such a good mom! I hope she enjoys her class.
She looks so cute and so grown up! I'm glad that the shoes ended up being so cheap, despite all of your trouble. I hope she continues to love her class- you'll have to put some video on here of her dancing sometime!
So are you loving Twilight? I forgot to talk to you about that the other day. All 3 of the books are awesome!
Oh my gosh! She is so adorable. what a little princess. How fun for her to have something that is all about her! Little sisters need that every now and then. :) She's just too cute in her little tutu!
You are such a good mom! She is getting so big.
Andrea, I always have to do everything the hard way too. Ellie looks sooo cute in the little tu-tu. I hope she keeps having fun.
She looks so dang cute! I love the dance costume. She looks just like a ballerina.
so cute, pink is definitely her color!
Of coarse the dance studio had the shoes for a good price. Ellie looks so cute in her dance tutu she is a cutie and I'm glad she got to go to dance the first day!
Post a Comment