Bailey's teacher said she is doing very well in school the only little complaint was that sometimes when they are in their reading groups and one of the other kids gets something wrong she gets a little "frustrated" and usually sighs and puts her hand to her head. Lovely. So, lecture number two of the weekend was treating others with respect. Hopefully that will not be happening again. I can say though that I think the light is finally on in the reading department. She was been reading like a mad dog this week and doing VERY well. Her teacher sent me home with three pretty long books for her to read, and that is all she has been doing all weekend. I think she has finally got it. YEAH!!! Part of me was worried this day might never come. This has always been one of our favorite books. Now Bailey can read it to us.
The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxing and uneventful. We took the kids to see Ratatouille on Friday. Yes, I am aware that this movie is old news and that Bee movie is the one to see, but we hadn't seen this one yet and it was still at our dollar theatre. So for 10 bucks, our whole fam saw the movie plus got our choice of 4 snacks, popcorn, nachos, candy, soda, you pick. Not bad for 10 bucks. We probably will be seeing Bee movie here as well :) Bailey has been practicing spelling it all weekend so she can write it at school for her Monday memories.
The best part of the weekend was the fact that we had Stake Conference today so at 4:00 on a Sunday, I am home blogging instead of at church. I have forgotten how nice it is to not got to church at 3:00 in the afternoon. It was a really good Stake Conference too, it was a broadcast from some of the General Authorities. They all gave really good talks, and the girls were pretty good so we were actually able to listen.
P.S. This just in..........my sister-in-law Mindy had her twins today. They were planning on inducing in the morning, but her water broke. The baby boy was 6 lbs and the baby girl 5 lbs. Everyone is doing well. Names are still pending............possibly Brodie for the boy and Gracie for the girl. I will post photos and official names when I have them. Congrats Aaron, Mindy and Trae!!




6 comments:
So we seem to be living parallel lives, except my fashion queens name is Kate. She drives me to insanity. You read my post on the ballet clothes? Yeah, she gets stuck on an outfit for days, and she is NOT a clean child. *Sigh* What can you do? I'm just glad we live in a town where people don't seem to care that your child is dressed as a clown(yeah, the make-up phase has hit too.)I just try to stay 2 steps in front of her and hope people don't think she belongs to me...
I can't believe how much Ellie looks like Bailey in that first picture- I've never really thought that they look alike- until now! They are both adorable and I wouldn't worry too much about the school issues. They are always so well behaved, I'm sure that Ellie's time out was very something very little. I do love her sense of style and the fact that the whole outfit coordinates!
Congrats to Aaron and Mindy! I'm glad that everything went well and am excited to see picures and hear what the final verdict on the names is!
I'm glad to hear that Bailey is reading so well. Also Ellie looks cute in her own style. I wouldn't stress about school but I think that it's awesome you talk to them, but every kid at some point is going to get into a little trouble. When I did my preschool internship we were having to put kids in time out all the time, and where the teacher didn't say anything to you then I wouldn't stress about it :)
I love it! Ellie has her own sense of style alright! She is a cutie. Brooklynn has her own sense of 'style' as well! Although this week is red ribbon week and one of the days was Mismatched Clothes days. So I picked out a terribly mismatched outfit--and she wouldn't wear it! Told me it didn't match. Maybe she is finally catching on! :) Hope you're having a great week!
Yea for Bailey reading so many books so well! How exciting for her. She must feel so grown up now. :) And I love Ellie's outfit. Sometimes I wish Emily was more into skirts, but I guess I hardly wear them, so why should she?!
I love the school stories. I am very interested to see how Brooklynn does in school. She keeps telling me really interesting things she does or says in Sunbeams. It is hard when you aren't there to supervise!
Post a Comment