PAYNE POSTS

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fancy Nancy & Eventful Weekend


This week is read week at Bailey's school. On Wednesday they were suppose to dress up like their favorite character in a book. We had a hard time narrowing it down, but finally decided on Fancy Nancy. I think she just wanted to look "fancy" I think we did a pretty good job and of course she loved being "fancy" I do think these books are awesome and am sad she is starting to out grow them a little, I guess its Ellie's turn to be "fancy."


Last weekend we headed to Burley for our nephew Jakeb's baptism. I love Jakeb I think he is such a funny and sweet kid. He is so nice to Bailey and always puts up with her drama, and has definitely gotten her on the video game train. Friday night we decided to be obedient and work on our food storage a bit. My sister in law Julie is good at this so we let her guide us a bit. We ended up canning a ton of stuff. Hopefully we will be blessed for our efforts, I think the whole food storage thing overwhelming at times, but I am trying to get a handle on it all.
That is a lot of food!

Saturday the kids just played and played with their cousins, one of their favorite things to do. The baptism was great, I loved how personal it was. The rest of the weekend was filled with good food and good company. I love that the kids just play and the adults can have conversation, a great combination. We are lucky to have such great families.

Bailey and Jakeb
They will both baptized this year

Everyone always tells Jace that he looks like Ryan
so maybe this is what Logey will look like in 10 years
I am good with that, he's a cutie


Some cute kids that are all related

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Jace definantly does look like Ryan and that is a really cute picture of the two of them, they do look related. Also love Bailey dressed as Fancy Nancy she is looking very FANCY!

Kim said...

Loving the Fancy Nancy I couldn't come up with a good idea for Madie so she just wore normal clothes. Way to go on the food storage, looks like you got alot accomplished. Glad you had a nice weekend with family.

Nat Lud said...

Lovin' it. The kids look so cute. Way to go on the canning! That is awesome. It definitely is overwhelming but any progress is a step in the right direction! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

How fun!! All the kids look so cute! My mom told me that you guys were canning! Good for you! My dad and I went to the cannery and it is super overwhelming! We still haven't started ours so way to get a start on it!

Jill said...

Cute pictures. I love that you took pictures with Jace and Jakey. Jakey isn't normally that much taller than Bay is he?

Sarah said...

Jake had read week as well last week and all I can think of for the character dress up day was to have him wear Christmas pajamas and be the boy from Polar Express! I'd say that you did a much better job with Bailey's costume- she looks so cute! I must admit, though, that I've never heard of the Fancy Nancy books. Maybe if I ever have a girl...

It looks like you had a fun weekend with Ryan's family. I can't believe that Bailey and Jakeb are the same age- he's so much taller than her! That's fun that they are both getting baptized this year.