PAYNE POSTS

Monday, May 11, 2009

May 7th Happy Birthday Ellie

Our little Ellie turned 5 on May 7th. She was very excited for her birthday this year. She has been counting down for about a month. She was super excited when we turned the calender to May and she could see the big 5 that I had drawn on her day. It was an off year for an official friend birthday party, but there were plenty of other fun things to be had. She loved getting presents it that mail that whole week too. She picked out a Strawberry Shortcake theme this year. On her birthday she had dance class, and then she helped me make her cake. Later we met dad for a little pizza and then off to the long awaited Build a Bear. She had so much fun, she was a little shy and wasn't sure at first but at the end she had her new "Rainbow Bear" looking very hip. Afterward we came home for cake and ice cream with some of her friends on our street. She had a very great day. The next day she really wanted to go to McDonald's AGAIN with one of her favorite little friends from school, so we did that too. What a lucky little lady she is.Excited Ellie on her birthday morning

Her new birthday outfit. Ellie absolutely loves wearing skirts, she asks me to wear one everyday. It was an easy decision when I went to buy her something for her b-day
I knew it had to be a skirt.
I found a picture of Strawberry Shortcake's hat for a b-day cake on the Internet. I showed Ellie and she loved it and wanted me to make her one. While I was putting it together, she came over and looked at it, there wasn't any frosting on it or anything. She said "that doesn't look like her hat at all" I told her that I wasn't done so she just walked away. When I was finally finished, she came over and looked at it again and just started hugging me, she said "there isn't one bit of ugly on it" It was really funny. She kept hugging me and kissing me and telling me how much she loved it. Totally worth the hours it took!

I love Build a Bear they totally cater to the kids and to fun days like birthdays. Ellie knew that she wanted the rainbow bear the second we walked in.

Stuffing the bear

Giving it a bath

The finished product. Meet Rainbow Bear!!
It took awhile to pick her out an outfit. But finally we found the perfect one. Purple is Ellie's favorite color, so it made sense to go with this fabulous ensemble.
The rest of her loot. She really loves Webkinz and Pet Shops right now too. She is excited to play them both with Bailey.

Ellie and her cute friend Brinley enjoying some good food and company.


I hope you love that bear and cake as much as we LOVE you!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLIE JO JO!!

Things we love about Ellie: her laugh is contagious and she is always doing silly things that make us all laugh. She loves her big sister and her little brother. She loves to play outside. She would spend the entire day out there if she could. I love that she came into this world with that strawberry hair, bright blue eyes and those kissable cheeks. She is the best snuggler and loves to give me hugs and kisses. She loves to learn and ask questions. It is never a dull conversation with Ellie. Some topics of discussion include, coffee, bert (beer), Satan, heaven, Jesus, the sky, the sun, the moon, would I rather eat grass or dirt, would I rather eat road or sidewalk, and why? She may not look a thing like me, but she does share my love of food. She will eat just about anything, and loves the sweet stuff just like me. She agrees that mint and chocolate are the perfect combination. What an amazing 5 years it has been with her. I am so happy to be her mom.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that you go all out with the decorations for everyone's birthdays. I'm sure your kids love waking up and seeing how cute everything looks. The cake turned out so well. I need to take lessons from you on how to decorate a cake. I've given up- Nathan is getting cupcakes! I'm glad that Ellie had a fun day. Happy Birthday!!!

The Kunzler Family said...

WHAT A CUTE CAKE!!! Way to go! I'm impressed! Cute pics!

Melanie and Spencer said...

Looks like Ellie had a good birthday. Nice work on the cake it looks awesome!

Melanie and Spencer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Looks like she had a great day. What a cutie and you did a great job on the cake. Happy Birthday.

Jill said...

Allie really likes the rainbow bear. She can't wait to play together with their bears.
We hope Ellie liked her present, hope you got it in time. The cake is so cute! Good idea.

Jenn said...

Looks like it was a perfect day! The cake looks awesome and definantly not an ugly thing on it :) Ellie cracks me up, happy birthday Jo Jo!

Nat Lud said...

That is just crazy that she is getting so big! She is adorable--as always! What a fun day. You're a great mama! Man, we sure miss you guys and getting to be a part of all the big events!