This stool is my nemesis. He uses it to climb onto everything, I put it up but someone always gets it down. Ellie uses it to wash her hands. Logan uses it to wreak havoc, he also uses to climb up by the phone and push all the buttons on the answering machine portion. He makes the base ring, he turns the answering machine on and off because the guy says "calls will not be answered" or "calls will be answered" he thinks its hilarious. And of course most of the time he leaves it on calls will NOT be answered, and then people have to listen to my phone ring in their ear like 20 times. Sorry.
He has discovered markers, pens, pencils, anything he can find. I call them writing utensils. So usually I hear Ellie yelling "Logan has a writing untincil, Logan has a writing untincil." You must get there quickly when this is the case, if not this is what you get. I did make him take a picture with his master piece, just so I can show his kids someday.
He is definitely a Payne, he LOVES to dip. He will eat anything if you give him a little ketchup to go with it. This is during dinner, his typical is.... he climbs out of his highchair, climbs onto the table and starts eating or stepping in every one's food. This is actually some ranch dip that he found on the table and took one of Bailey's carrots and helped himself to some dip.
Good thing he is so dang cute. He loves to RUN, play with balls and cars, watch football with his dad, and play with his sisters. He is obsessed with dogs, he points them out on anything and everything he sees, he barks like on dog 100+ times a day (he also things most animals are dogs, he barks at everything). He loves to read Panda Bear Panda Bear and Goodnight Moon. He will bring them to me and climb up on my lap, so cute. He is a good eater and a good sleeper. He loves his binky and blanket he doesn't have words for them, he just grunts and points when he wants them. He is in the 27% for weight and the 83% for height (we've never had a kid over 40% in anything). He is spoiled because we all give into his every desire, although I will not get a dog. I love you Loggy but even I have my limits.
Since I didn't have this blog when the girls were 18 months I thought I would just keep track of a few things they liked at that age..........
Bailey: 15-20% for everything, loved the book If You Give a Pig a Pancake and could say the last word of each sentence. She loved the movie Monsters Inc. she watched it a million times over the Christmas break when she was this age. She always had to have bink and case (her binky and a ratty pillowcase that she always packed around). She had tons of hair and cute dimples, she was not a good eater, we would chase her around with food trying to get her to eat. She did finally get some teeth at this age. She was a great sleeper once she got to sleep. She never wanted to go to bed, she wanted to stay up and see what was going on. This did not get better until about age 4 or 5.
Ellie: 20-30% for everything. Loved the book What Makes a Rainbow, she knew her colors at a pretty early age. She said a lot of words at this age, I think she listened to Bailey's every word and wanted to be able to communicate with her, she spoke clearly pretty early. She loved shoes, it was her first word, she always had to have at least two pairs on, hers and mine usually. She was a good eater and a good sleeper. I think the sleeping wasn't an issue because she always wanted to be where Bailey was. She always said "I hold you" when she wanted me to pick her up. She has always had her strawberry blond hair and bright blue eyes, she also had really chubby cheeks at this age with little dimples. She called her binky, night night and her blanket mae mae and could not sleep without them.
I love this age, when the world is such a mystery and they are still so innocent. I love watching them learn from their surroundings. I love that they aren't sassy yet and still dependent on me.
The time goes too quickly !
6 comments:
I loved reading this post Andrea. It reminds me so much of Matthew. :) He loves cars and balls too, and will use anything he can to climb up on anything else.
They do grow up way too fast.
Logan is such a cutie, I laughed reading this post about how busy he is then realized I don't have all that long before Jackson is there. I love reading about the girls at the age it doesn't seem that long ago when Bay was that age how is she 8?
I assume you own stock in 'Magic Eraser'? We do. Ella has a penchant for 'writing utensils' as well. Good thing he's so dang cute!
Miss you guys!
wow he sure has grown up fast. I love the picture of him by the wall. classic. I hope it came off ok. I can't wait to see the little guy I still think he is a total clone of R.
I remember Bay watching Monsters over and over I forgot about case. Allie still talks about how Ellie said mae mae. cute kids! we miss em.
I was just telling Dan that your house seems so calm and peaceful...I had no idea you were cleaning maker and crayon of the walls! So glad your family is not completely perfect. . .yet! You are amazing!
Such a great post. I need to be better at recording what my kids are doing at each age. I'm impressed that you remember all of that about Bailey and Ellie! Logan is so cute and sounds like a typical 18 month old boy! Max is into everything as well and is definitely a handful these days.
We still need to talk- just getting more and more to talk about as time goes on! Let me know when a good time is for you!
Post a Comment