PAYNE POSTS

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Poop on Santa, Missing Tooth, and A Christmas Program

Last night we went to the mall so the kids could see Santa. It was crazy and hectic to get out the door, why is doing something fun not easy?, the mall wasn't to busy which was nice and we only waited for Santa for a few minutes. As our turn was drawing near I was holding Logan and I felt a little rumble in his pants. He pooped right before we left so I figured it was just a little gas. The girls ran into to Santa and I went to sit Logan on his lap too. As I was passing him over I caught a wiff of him, not pleasant, oh well snap a quick photo. Photo turns out pretty cute, wish they would have worn more Christmasy clothes but whatever, pick up Logan so the girls can talk to Santa. Notice that Santa has a little orangish greenish "stuff" on his suit, oh that can't be, oh but it is, poo leaking out of the bottom of Logan's pants. What to do, what to do?? Do nothing, let girls talk to Santa, tell Ryan that Logan pooped on Santa, run for bathroom holding Logan out in front of me. Take Logan into nasty public restroom, pants and one sock are dirty, shirt and onsie are okay. Hum...what do I have in the diaper bag oh good pants, navy same as what he was wearing, oh wait they are 0-3 months, okay so shorts, coldest day of the year, whatever. No socks in diaper bag but brown sandals, been wondering where those were.... Wrap Logan in my coat, go find family at McDonald's, put Logan back in car seat wrap blanket and jacket around him, no one can see he has no socks on and shorts...aka white trash. Remind myself to restock diaper bag with season appropriate and proper fitting clothing. Good news..... girls loved seeing Santa, Ellie asked for a Webkin and Bailey told him to surprise her. Yes, I did look back on this and feel sad for the next kids that see Santa and may possibly walk away with a small amount of a orangish greenish substance on them, but I did not think of this at the time. The only reaction was to get out and get out now. Poor Santa, poor kids who saw Santa later. I am sorry. Merry Christmas!!

In other news, Bailey FINALLY lost her first tooth. Her two bottom permanent teeth were growing in behind her baby teeth, making the baby teeth only kind of loose and looking like they were never going to come out. I was planning on taking her to see Ryan next week and just have him yank them out. Which totally made her freak out. We were going to see some Christmas lights with some friends from our ward, when we got there Bailey got out of her seat belt and Ryan was still pulling up, he hit the brakes and she went flying. Result, face slammed against the center console .......lots of crying....... then tears of joy........ the tooth got knocked out. Yea! We really are white trash. Hopefully the other one comes out soon. Maybe she will still need to get that one pulled. The tooth fairy did visit and she is one dollar richer.


On Monday Ellie had her preschool Christmas program. They did a good job. Since she goes to a Christan preschool most of the songs were focused on Jesus. It was pretty cute. There was one little girl in Ellie's class that was pretty much screaming the songs the whole time. It was funny, but I am glad that it wasn't my kid doing the screaming. Her class sang 12 Little Angels, Away in A Manger, and Christmas Morning. Ellie was a little shy at first but warmed up a little towards the end.

This time of year is crazy but it is filled with lots of great memories!! I do love Christmas!

11 comments:

Chanell said...

We are going to see Santa today... I'll make sure I check out his lap before I put the girls there. :) I might say let's just STAND by Santa this year. Oh and Congrats Bailey! You think with a dad as a dentist there would be an easier way to get a tooth out. Who knows...maybe knock it out on a console was a trick they learned in dental school. Super cute pictures...my girls love your kids.

Dinger said...

I can't stop laughing!! Atleast it's baby poop right?? Cute pics of your kids.

Kristin said...

Very very funny. That is the best Santa I've ever seen... poor guy.

Melanie said...

I'm still laughing about it all! :) The poop and tooth stories are so funny! You got a great Santa picture though! (I'm glad Bailey didn't get hurt.)

Ellie looks very cute in the pictures from her program too.

Hopefully the next week will be fun without any more "white trash" moments. (Not that I think you are though.) :)

Kim said...

okay totally too funny about the poo I don't blame you for running I think I would have done the same. Congrats on the tooth, Madie's bottom ones look the same and I too was more than happy to have them finally come out. Bailey looks adorable sporting her new gap.

Jill said...

ya that post made me laugh, even though I already knew about Logan's pooping you just wrote it so funny. Also funny Bailey hitting her tooth. finally she looses it. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow. Thanks for the laugh.

Ashlee said...

Your diaper bag sounds exactly like mine, such a funny story, you'll always remember that Santa experience!

Anonymous said...

Poor Santa! haha I was laughing so hard reading this! It's the most wonderful time of the year, right? :)

Melanie and Spencer said...

I was laughing so hard that there were tears, so funny! Me and Spencer still laugh about it. Tell Bay congrats on the lost tooth, and Ellie looked so cute for her program. See you all soon!

Sarah said...

That is pretty funny- I probably would have done the same thing if it makes you feel any better! What else are you supposed to do? Get out a wetwipe and start rubbing down Santa's leg? I don't think so!

Congrats to Bailey on the lost tooth and Ellie on her program- she looks so cute in that picture by the tree!

Kathy Garcia said...

Ok-that beats all the Santa stories I've heard in a long, long time! That was the best....so funny. I have stories to tell and you'd think I'd get better with time as the kids get older....Nope-it never ends. But makes for a good blog entry and every one laughs. Better than crying. Happy New Year to you and your family. They all looked cute for Christmas...Three cute kids.