PAYNE POSTS

Monday, August 27, 2007

1rst Grade

Today was Bailey's first day of school. She started 1rst grade. I think things went pretty well. I have been a little worried. She has a guy teacher this year and doesn't have any of her friends from last year in her class, but I think it is going to be okay. She had a good day and liked eating lunch at school. She isn't so sure about being gone all day. I am not so sure about this part either. We are going to miss her!! I think the whole day thing is more of an adjustment than kindergarten. Today was an early release so tomorrow will be a true test (for both of us). Bailey said "tomorrow is going to be longer." I told her she was right but that it will be okay. Hopefully things continue to go well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Bailey had a good day. She sure looked cute!

Jenn said...

She does look adorable! I hope tomorrow won't be too long for her, soon she will be used to it.

Melanie and Spencer said...

She looks so cute! I'm glad that she enjoyed her day! I hope you both can make it through her first long day!

Sarah said...

Love everything- her hair, her outfit, her shoes- all so cute! The real question is, did the male teacher comment on how cute she looked?!!!

I'm glad that the first day went well and hope that she survived the long day today. Did you end up getting Ellie into that preschool? What are you going to do with both of them gone? I can't even imagine!

Nat Lud said...

What a cute little (or should I say big) girl Bailey is! She looks so grown up. Can't wait to hear what she thought about her 'full' day!

Melanie said...

Tell Bailey we are so proud of her for going to school all day long! That is a major accomplishment! She looks so much older, and I think she's looking more like you, Andrea. (OK, it's just from the pictures you post, but still.)
Hope you're having good days too!

The North Family said...

What a cutie! I'm sure she's going to do great on her first full day. Bailey is such a smart little girl. I can't believe she's in first grade already. Where does the time go? I wonder what Ellie will do with her being gone all day. She's going to miss her big sis, I bet. Tell her we're excited for her and I'm sure her teacher will be great and she'll have tons of new friends from her new class in no time.