PAYNE POSTS

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Camping

Since we have been pretty busy this summer we realized that we didn't get to go camping. With school starting and soccer games we realized that this was our last weekend to go. So we did. Our friends and neighbors the Peterson's felt the same way so we packed up Sat. afternoon and headed out for the night. There are some advantages to 3:00 church. We made it back in time. It was an eventful 24 hours. We saw a rattlesnake, a baby fox, a horse, a couple of dogs, a lot of red salmon and the Peterson's saw a bear (Ryan is quite jealous). It was a lot of fun, the kids played in the Boise River, I didn't bring swimming suits so they are wearing their t-shirts and underwear, a makeshift tankini, yep I'm white trash, it worked out okay. We roasted hot dogs, and marshmellow's, skipped rocks, told scary stories, and slept under the stars (you could see them out of the tent, I'm not that die hard). We hit all of the highlights of camping in a short period of time. I am not near as organized as I wanted to be with school staring tomorrow, but camping was a blast, so the organizing and laundry can wait.

All the kids playing in the water, Bailey and Noah roasting marshmellow's.





The girls riding a neighboring campers horse.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't believe how cute and CLEAN your girls look while camping! Definitely the difference between boys and girls! It sounds like you had a great time and I'm glad that you got to go before the Summer ended.

Good luck to Bailey tomorrow- hopefully she'll love her teacher and love first grade!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I used to love overnight camping trips with my family (not that my mom would ever go. The 'tankinis' were so cute, good idea. Good luck to Bay in school.

Kristin said...

I don't know Andrea, for someone who whined about moving to Idaho, sure looks like you guys have TONS of fun! And 'white trash'? I don't think so. I actually went to the store with Ella in just her diaper yesterday!

The North Family said...

Yeah, I agree with Kristin. You sure seem to be adjusting to life in Idaho with no problem, which is great. I hope that the next time I wake up inside a tent I will have a smile as big as Ellie's. She just looks so happy, full of energy, and ready for the day. Or, on second thought, if I could just be that happy when I wake up in my own bed that would be a great thing. How do kids do that and why do we ever stop feeling so great, cheerful, and smiley in the morning?