PAYNE POSTS

Thursday, August 30, 2007

It's Officially Here

Fall in our house began today!
The college football season is officially here. Ryan has already reminded us (just like he does every year) why fall is the best season of all. The weather is cooler, it's his birthday, and FOOTBALL. He couldn't fall asleep last night because he was so excited. Our alma maters are playing each other tonight, your heart always lies with your first love so go Aggies, we do have to cheer for the Rebels too since they put food on our table, and Boise state is just the pride and joy of our community. Everyone in town has on their BSU gear today and flags flying on their cars. Don't mess with the smurf turf. Bailey has already gotten a football lesson tonight, Ryan is excited that she is really going to understand the game this year. :) He had to work every other Saturday last fall so he missed a lot of games, and he has already told me that he plans on making up for it this year. We will be watching every game possible until January, it doesn't matter if its a big school or a no namer, football is football. So to all you fans out there. Enjoy the season. I know that we will.


5 comments:

Sarah said...

Jon came straight home from work tonight, turned on the TV and exclaimed with a huge smile on his face, "It's here!" I quickly realized that he was talking about college football. He is seriously so excited and actually, so am I. I have nothing better to do right now but read and lay on the couch, so might as well watch some good football games. We are going to the BYU game at UCLA next Saturday and we can't wait. Good luck to the Aggies and the Rebels and all of our teams!

Nat Lud said...

Ugh, the dreaded football season. I actually really like football--just not 24/7! Jeremy is definitely in seventh heaven. Fall means football so he couldn't be happier!

Melanie and Spencer said...

At least when USU plays UNLV and BSU you will have a back team to cheer for! Because as we all know the Aggies just can't finish a game.

Kristin said...

I don't know how you stand it. I'm so glad Chris doesn't 'do' sports. My biggest challenge is getting him to stop reading!
But, if you like it too, then it's perfect. Glad that his job worked out so that he can enjoy the season. You guys deserve it!

Leslie and Dave said...

Thanks to Dave's brother's wedding gift, a SLINGBOX (for those that don't know, it's direct TV from his brother house in UT online) Dave like Ryan thinks the year does not start until kick-off which for us will be 11:30 PM Paris time tonight when BYU plays AZ. I have not decided who I will be cheering on. . . . . . .