.jpg)
The end of the soccer season is upon us. Last week Bailey and her team had a little end of season pizza party and received their trophy's. The coach gave all the kids a soccer folder full of fun soccer coloring pages and a certificate, he also said something nice about each kid when he gave them their trophy. He told Bailey that he was proud of her last goal and that she had come a long way since the first game (remember the sobbing). The trophy is a most prized possession right now. She slept with it and snuck it in her backpack to school the next day. It was a good season. We will most likely my playing again in the spring.
4 comments:
That's awesome. It's always fun to see them progress even if it's just a little at a time (like it usually is with my little miss!) She looks like she won an Oscar or something! Go, Bay!
Yea! I'm so glad she stuck with it and had such a fun season!
I can't believe the season is already over- time goes by so quickly! Bailey looks so proud to be holding her trophy- very cute! I'm glad that she ended up having a great season and that she wants to play next year. Soccer is so fun!
Luke is playing soccer this year, too. His friend Spencer is on his team. After their very first game, I was putting away the chairs and packing everything up and I hear this exchange between this girl on the opposing team, Luke and Spencer. Okay, to picture this next part you have to imagine this girl coming off extremely cocky and braggy. The girl says, "Better luck next time, boys. We'll see who wins the trophy!" Spencer said something about just playing to have fun and how they don't even keep score. The little girl says, "Well, I play to have fun, but our team is definately going to win the trophy." I was standing next to Bethany and Calvin (Spencer's parents) and we were laughing sooo hard. It probably doesn't come off so funny in writing, but I think the whole conversation was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I love those soccer games. So fun! I don't know if Luke gets a trophy at the end, but if he does, he'll probably want to track down that little girl who plays for the Blue Sox. Congrats on scoring a goal, Bailey! That's an awesome trophy.
Post a Comment