PAYNE POSTS

Monday, May 11, 2009

The Crazy Month of May..........

I have decided I am going to write something about everyday this month because it is just so crazy. I am not writing it to say "ah look how busy" or anything like that. I personally don't believe in the "I'm too busy" I think you can be as busy as you want to be.......but that there is just a ton of stuff going on this month and I don't want to forget it. We will see how good I actually do at keeping up with the postings. I first have to start with the end of April with Bailey's field trip........

April 29th

-Logan and I go with Bailey's class and the entire 2nd grade on a field trip to the Discovery Center. It is a great place. I love all of the fun scientific things they have to do there. Bailey hasn't let me forget that I wasn't able to go on her field trip last year because I was at the hospital in labor with Logan, so I had to make it up to her this year. I was happy to be able to go. They went to the park after for a picnic lunch. It was a fun to spend the day with her and her friends.Bailey lying on a bed of nails

Bailey and I after our picnic lunch in the park

April 30th

-Ryan leaves for the 2nd weekend in a row. Heads for the east coast to Charlotte NC. He went to check out some dental equipment. Which they did for about 5 hours. The remainder of the time was spent golfing and attending the golf tournament. He loved the tournament, being that close to all of the players and seeing how good they really are. He could have reached out and touched Tiger Woods he was so close. The kids think that is pretty cool and they spend a lot of time watching golf that Sat. trying to find him on the TV.
May 1st

-Kids and I "get a redbox" as the girls say. We have popcorn and hang out while dad is gone. They actually were pretty good while he was gone.

Bailey says to me "mom I know why he have all been sniffling a lot and been kind of plugged up, its because people have been going to Mexico and then coming back to the United States and getting us sick."
I say "Bay we don't have swine flu"
she says "yeah that is it, that's what he have"
Me "no really we don't have the swine flu, probably just allergies"
Bay "well maybe we just have it a little, like probably a centimeter"
Me "probably not" (trying not to laugh)

May 2nd

-It rains all day, actually pours all day, Bailey's game gets cancelled. Decide to take kids to McDonald's to play. It grosses me out the whole time, but kids are so happy. They tell me thank you like 50 times. I let them get Happy Meals and ice cream cones they were pretty excited. Logan learns that fries are really good!

May 3rd

- 3 hours of church by myself never seemed so long with Logan. I was sweating, he was sweating. I was ready to go home. I got a new calling that I am very excited about, totally wonderful people that I will be working with. Primary is a great place to be.

Loggy looks cute for church, even though he is a total terror

-Ryan comes home, kids are very excited. Logan actually runs to him. So cute. Ryan brought the girls stuffed Tar Heels, they love them. We already have a strong liking for the Tar Heel state.

May 4th
-
Bailey has been practicing for a play after school for about 6 weeks. They did a version of Cinderella. She had the part of one of the mice. She really loved learning the songs and had a little speaking part. She wasn't able to do the part because a girl was standing in front of the microphone when it was her turn and she wasn't sure what to do. She did a really great job though. She new all of the songs really well. I could actually here her singing. I think she really enjoyed being in a play and I am sure she will want to do it again.



May 5th and 6th

-The calm before the storm.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's so fun that you got a new calling and that you get to serve in the Primary. Now I'm curious as to what exactly it is! I would love to serve in the Primary again someday. The spirit is so strong in there.

I'm glad that the kids were good for you while Ryan was gone. Sounds like he had a good time. I'm excited to hear about the rest of the month!

Nat Lud said...

Glad ya don't really have the swine flu! He he. That is a great story. Yup, I'm definitely thinking Ry owes ya Hawaii!