PAYNE POSTS

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Another Great Weekend

We had another busy but really fun weekend. My cousin Karlee got married which is what took us to Utah again. On Friday my aunt and uncle had a party at their house for Karlee's family and Micah's (her husband to be). It was fun to get to know a lot of new people. This was also the night of the High School Musical 2 premiere. It took me awhile to convince Bailey that the party was for Karlee and Micah and not High School Musical. Since there were quite a few people at the party we were able to sneak away to my aunt and uncle's bedroom to watch most of it. It was fun to watch it with Chelsea, she is the one that introduced us to the phenomenon(thanksChels) but the girls loved it and I'm not going to lie I loved it too. Thanks to Kerm and Steve for letting us bombard your bedroom.


The girls watching HSM with Chels

Me and Bay totally enthralled with Troy and Gabriella :)

Saturday was the day of the wedding. It was a great day. They got married in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. I had never been to this temple, it was very beautiful inside and out. My cousins Janey and Shelby bailed us out with the kids. Since all of our family was in the temple my cousins helped to watch the girls outside and then later that night for the dinner. They were a great help. Thanks guys! Karlee looked gorgeous and it was so fun to participate in all of the traditions of Micah's culture. They had a dinner that night on a golf course that looked out on Utah Lake, it was a lot of fun and a great day. I think they are going to be very happy together.

A picture of the girls on the temple grounds.

Ryan and I also celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary this weekend. It was nice to go to a wedding in the temple and hear all of the blessings that we are promised. It made me think of our day, and how much we have accomplished in our 8 years. I am excited for the next 8, and yes that is the same dress I wore to the other wedding. It's really comfy for an all day event!!
I love to go to my parents for Sunday dinner during the summer. Most of the meal consists of a lot of home grown produce. The girls love corn on the cob, especially corn that was grown in Pop's garden. A perfect reminder of summer.

8 comments:

Jenn said...

That is such a cute picture you got of Karlee and Micah. Also the corn photo of the girls is nice. I also remembered I was going to fix your family photo for you... tomorrow.

Nat Lud said...

Glad to hear some other adult watched HSM 2! Sounds like another fun weekend. We were bummed that we didn't get to get together. Hopefully soon!

Melanie said...

Glad you guys had fun! Congrats on your wedding anniversary! The girls are looking so big. Loved the corn pictures!

Sarah said...

I can't believe how alike you and Bailey look in the picture of the two of you watching HS2! I'm glad that Karlee's wedding went well and that everything worked out with the babysitting.

Happy Anniversary to you and Ryan! What a great way to celebrate by being in the temple and hearing the promises again. I hope that the two of you get to go out for a night on the town, as well!!!

Ashlee said...

Awesome entry! I'm glad you always talk about the big family events, and share pics. I had my camera at the wedding, but of course, it was out of batteries, so thanks for sharing!

Kristin said...

you guys have been on the road a ton this summer! I get tired just thinking of all the time you've spent in the car. Hope your girls are better travelers than my 4 ring circus!
Love Bai's hair, so cute short!

Janae said...

Wow, you sure go to Utah a lot! I bet Ryan wonders if you should have moved there instead? I know it would be so tempting if you are just a few hours away to go to everything!! We are still planning on coming up there in a week or so. I will call you when we get there.

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.