PAYNE POSTS
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Can You Hear Me Now?
I think I need to get my kids hearing checked................ why is it that they choose to ignore me when I ask them to do things? I really don't like to "raise my voice" (okay its border line yelling) but I swear it is the only way I can get them to even respond. I know this is somehow screwing them up, but I am trying to form them into being responsible and considerate people, and this requires them to do some jobs, read books (yeah Bay you really cannot go to far in life if you can't read, I didn't just make that up) or on occasion keep their sassy mouths in check (my parents think I deserve this one). I don't know.............. I get a little frustrated some days, today is clearly one of those days. They are good girls and I love them and I guess I just need to keep kindly reminding them. Or tell them if they don't start listening they are going to have to get shots in their ears..............JK!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is hilarious! I feel the same way some days. Yelling seems to be the only thing that grabs their attention! I always try to tell Brooklynn life would be so much easier for everyone if she would just pay attention and do things the first time I ask. However, she chooses to ignore me still. Gotta love it.
I was never a yeller until I had children. Wait- until I had 2 children. Now, I just can't seem to stop! It's so embarassing that 2 human beings that are so small can cause me to get so upset, but they do. I'm still trying to find the answer of how to get my kids to listen to me- and in Jake's case, how to get him to understand what I'm saying. Ugh, kids! What are you going to do?!!!
OK, I'm still laughing! Aren't you glad to know we all feel the same way?! I know, it doesn't help us find a solution, but it is a small comfort! :)
Good luck!
Don't know what to tell you, good luck! When you figure it out, give me a heads up I'm sure I'll be needing it in a couple years!
Luke has developed 'selective' hearing. The range of MY voice seems to be totally deaf to him. I don't know, maybe it stems from too much yelling? Nah, that can't be it! I just have to YELL LOUDER!!
Post a Comment