PAYNE POSTS

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Leslie's Wedding and Weekend Fun


On Thursday when Ryan got off work we hopped in the car for another trip to Utah. On this trip we were killing 3 or 4 birds with one stone. The best and main event of the weekend was the wedding of my friend Leslie. Leslie and I have been friends since our Utah State days, and I am just so happy for her. She has found the perfect guy, Dave, they are such a great couple. The wedding was on Friday, they got married in the Salt Lake temple and then had a reception at La Caille later that night. It was such a perfectly romantic day and reminded us all of how much fun it is be in love. It was also great to see some of my friends that I hadn't seen in years and meet some of Leslie's other friends that I have heard her talk so much about. Congrats Les and Dave, couldn't be happier for you!! Best of luck as you start your life in Paris, can't wait to come visit you :)


Me, Rani, Joie and Jenn all Kappa Deltas at USU
Leslie with all of her girlfriends, she is such a thoughtful friend its no wonder she has made so many great relationships over the years.

Ryan and I at the reception and me Les, she is the one in the gorgeous gown!

Between the wedding and the reception, Ryan and I went to visit my little 5 year old cousin at Primary Children's. He had E.coli and it caused him to get HUS, which effects the kidneys, pancreas, etc. It was pretty scary for awhile. He is doing much better now and will most likely go home this week, but it made me so so grateful for my healthy kids. I have watched a few of my loved ones go in and out of that hospital, so grateful it is there, but even more grateful my kids have never had to be patients.

On Saturday, Ryan got up early and drove to Logan to golf with his brothers and his dad. Later that afternoon we met up for a family reunion with my dad's side of the family, and later that evening I helped my mom and sisters have a bridal shower for my cousin Karlee. It is always fun to catch up with family that you don't always get to see. I wasn't in charge of the photos at these events so if I get some I will have to come back and post them, but if not.. it was still a great weekend.

5 comments:

Nat Lud said...

Wow, what a busy weekend. Sounds like a lot of fun. That's scary about your cousin--hopefully he'll be released this week as planned. You are so sweet to visit them--I bet they really appreciated it! Take care.

Sarah said...

You look so pretty in all of those pictures! I'm glad you wore that green dress- it is adorable! Leslie looks great as well and her reception looked really nice.

I'm glad that your cousin is doing better and will be coming home soon- that is so scary.

The rest of your weekend sounded like fun- busy, but fun. We are heading to Delta next weekend so I should have wedding pics to post as well!

Kristin said...

You're little cousin wasn't the kid from ID who got e coli from the spinach that was in the news was he?

Are you coming down for Education week by any chance? Joanne bailed on me, so I'm looking for some company.

Andrea said...

Kristin, no he wasn't the kid who ate the spinach, they think he got it from fast food somewhere between Wyoming and Colorado. I don't think I will be making it to education week, I would like to, but I don't know if could make the trip again. I will let you know if I decide to though.

Becky said...

andrea, it's me becky. just checked your blog through sarah's. it sounds like you guys are doing well. i think i will go see bourne ultimatum now that you have recommended it. so long as it is not as confusing as the first two, i am game.